Lionel Messi ranks top of Forbes’ list of world’s top-paid athletes for 2019
Lionel Messi has ranked top of Forbes’ list of the world’s top-paid athletes for 2019.
Messi earned $127million last year in salaries and endorsements, $18 million bigger than 2nd-place Cristiano Ronaldo, who acquired a total of $109m.
PSG forward Neymar was the 3rd-highest on the list, earning $105m this past year.
The $111m he made in 2018 saw him finish second behind Floyd Mayweather ($285m). C. Ronaldo ($108m) placed third with Neymar ($90m) in fifth.
Conor McGregor ($99m) also finished fourth.
Boxer Saul “Canelo” Alvarez was the top-earning non-football player on the 2019 list, with $94m overall.
U.S Tennis player Roger Federer was the 5th top -earner, at $93.4m. He’s No. 1 in terms of endorsements, with $86m.
Top-10 highest-paid athletes of 2019
- Lionel Messi, soccer: $127m
- Cristiano Ronaldo, soccer: $109m
- Neymar, soccer: $105m
- Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, boxer: $94m
- Roger Federer, tennis: $93.4m
- Russell Wilson, football: $89.5m
- Aaron Rodgers, football: $89.3m
- LeBron James, basketball: $89m
- Stephen Curry, basketball: $79.8m
- Kevin Durant, basketball: $65.4m